Internally heated pressure vessel " Dr. HIP"|
||internal heater assembly
*temperature gradient over the length of sample estimated to be 10 degree.
- pressure: 10-200 MPa
- temperature: 300-1500 degree C
- sample volume: max. 0.4 cm3 (5 mm diameter, 20 mm length)*
- quenching operation: rapid quench**
- manufacturer: KOBELCO (Kobe Steel Ltd.)
**isobaric rapid quench: a sample is hung by thin Mo wire in the hot spot of the internal heater assembly; at the end of experiment, the hanging wire is broken by surge current, thereby letting the sample fall into the cold bottom of the vessel.
- determination of mineral-melt-fluid equilibria in magma reservoir and conduit
- Sano, T. and Yamashita, S. Experimental petrology of basement lavas from Ocean Drilling Program Leg 192: Implication for differentiation processes of Ontong Java Plateau magmas. Journal of the Geological Society, London, Special Publication on the Ontong Java Plateau. Journal of Geological Society (in press).
- Yamashita, S. (1999). Experimental study of the effect of temperature on water solubility in natural rhyolite melt to 100 MPa. Journal of Petrology 40, 1497-1507.
person(s) whom users should contact: Shigeru YAMASHITA.
Institute for Planetary Materials