- MCT detector
- KBr beam splitter
- nichrome wire mid-IR light source and W near-IR light source
- Cassegrain optics (54 degree convergence; working distance = ~30 mm)
- manufacturer: JASCO (Nihon Bunko Ltd.)
- determinations of water species contents in silcate glasses and melts
- Yamashita, S. (1999). Experimental study of the effect of temperature on water solubility in natural rhyolite melt to 100 MPa. Journal of Petrology 40, 1497-1507.
- Ogo, Y. and Yamashita, S. (1999). Preparation of thin glass wafer for infrared spectroscopy. Bulletin of the Volcanological Society of Japan 44, 251-254 (in Japanese).
- Yamashita, S., Kitamura, T. and Kusakabe, M. (1997). Infrared spectroscopy of hydrous glasses of arc magma compositions. Geochemical Journal 31,169-174.
person(s) whom users should contact: Shigeru YAMASHITA.
Institute for Planetary Materials