|Stable isotope ratio mass spectrometers VG PRISM
- Dual inlet, triple collector IRMS (Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometer) devoted for 13C/12C and 18O/16O ratio analysis using CO2 as a measuring gas.
- High precision δ18O and δ13C analysis of silicates and carbonates with precision better than 0.02 ‰. Refer to preparation systems.
- Sample size is normally 100 µl CO2, but 1 µl CO2 is possible with cold finger.
- A cracker manifold is attached for autorun of 10 samples.
- Automated δ18O measurement of water samples (24 samples a day) with precision better than 0.05 ‰.
- Role of water and CO2 in the study of magmatic hydrothermal systems.
- Water circulation in the Earth's surface
person(s) whom users should contact: Minoru KUSAKABE.
Institute for Planetary Materials