Cold-seal hydrothermal apparatus|
- Pressure up to 1kb or little more, temperature up to 600C or little bit higher.
- Internal diameter of the vessel: 8mm
- Pump can be operated up to 2 kb.
- Two vessels can be used simultaneously.
- Currently no quenching device available.
- For hydrothermal experiments in general.
- For synthesis of hydrous phases, phase equilibrium, water-rock interaction, geobiology etc.
- Can be used as Cold Isostatic Press (CIP) to make polycrystalline rods which are starting materials for single crystal growth in the floating zone furnace
person(s) whom users should contact: Masami Kanzaki.
Institute for Planetary Materials